THIS DVD PACKAGE INCLUDES NEW, COMPREHENSIVE TRAINER'S SUPPORT MATERIALS.
The worst accidental structural disaster in the United States occurred in a Kansas City hotel in 1981, when a set of suspended walkways collapsed. This workshop details the causal events - from the design flaws to the problems experienced by the emergency services, all adding up to 200 injuries and 114 deaths.
Duration: 30 mins Location: U.S.A.
- Structural engineering
- Safety design issues
- Permit to work procedures
- Emergency preparedness
- Safety and rescue systems
- Management decision making – fast-tracking versus safety considerations
- Statutory policymaking
- Contractor and subcontractor issues
- Training and accreditation issues
- Town planning
- Allocation of responsibility issues
- TRIAGE planning
Other DVDs in the Series:
Spiral to Disaster: Piper Alpha Training Package
Crash in the Dark: The Severn Tunnel Train Crash
Fatal Error: Choosing the Wrong Engine Training Package
Unflyable Plane Training Package
Cut Price Tragedy Training Package
Channel Tunnel Fire Training Package
Major Malfunction Training Package
Wrong Stuff Training Package