Since all jobs involve some type of manual handling, essentially all workers are at risk no matter how risk-free they believe their work to be.
This training DVD program is an introduction to manual handling in the healthcare industry and provides a range procedures and techniques to reduce the risk of injury. Viewers will learn:
- What is manual handling?
- Types of manual handling injury
- Common causes of manual handling injury
- Correct lifting techniques & the balance circle
- OHS responsibilities’ of employers and employees
- Importance of hazard identification and hazard management
- Areas to consider when assessing risk
Manual Handling Healthcare - 6 Part Series
Other titles in the series:
Manual Handling Series - Catering
Manual Handling Series - Non Clinical
Manual Handling Series - Patient and Resident Handling
Manual Handling Healthcare - Peri-operative
Manual Handling Series - Sterilisation